Sunday, June 10, 2007

Taking a break...

I am doing book keeping today -- I would sooner be having a root canal! -- so I have decided it is time for a break!



I am also taking a break from the diet -- sort of! I had said that I would lose the 20 pounds, which I have done, and would then take a break before starting on the last ten. This morning I had eggs and toast for breakfast and I feel like I swallowed a bowling ball! I think I will go back to the sensible whole grain cereal with low fat milk. Since I have never felt deprived on this non-diet (more of a lifestyle adjustment than a diet) I can't think of anything that I really want to indulge in at this point. My horoscope for the week says that Thursday is a good day to start a diet or make lifestyle changes, so I think I will start weighing in again on Thursday. I find it very helpful to have this forum where we can share our diet strategies and support each other -- and by the recent posts of pounds and inches lost I would say that I am not the only one! Congratulations to Pat, Jill, Jane and all others who are struggling with this and winning a few rounds!



Pat, as long as you are losing inches you are doing fine. Muscle is heavier than fat and takes up less space. I still remember my sense of outrage many years ago when I joined a gym and worked out faithfully and turned into a real hard body -- and gained weight! It took me a long time to get my head wrapped around the idea that percentage of fat was more important than total weight.



Wild life relocation -- I can see both sides of this issue, having been on the receiving end of dumped animals as well as having sent a few off into the wilderness myself. Because we are in a rural area we get cats, rabbits, and various other critters dumped here. And I have more than once sent DH off into the forest reserves with a live trapped critter to release rather than shoot the darn thing. Even the occasional raccoon, much as I hate them...



Kitten report -- well, I lied. What can I say? I told DH that there would be no foster kittens here this year. There are now seven of them in my guest bathroom. The lady who was fostering them had to leave rather suddenly to have her baby and so they are here until I can find another place for them. At that point I will be taking in a mom cat and her five kittens, pending finding a foster home for them. I just hope I can pull this off before DH gets back from the current stint in Alberta.



Ah, sweet relief! I just had a call to say that the seven kittens will be picked up today!

I started this post earlier today and there was a brief power outage that shut down my computer. I thought the post was lost forever, but I just thought to check and see if it had been saved as a draft. Wow! There it was!

Since then I sent the kittens off to their new foster home, had a strange assortment of company, a remarkable number of phone calls, and got a couple of good solid hours in on the book keeping. Time to knock off for the day.

Jean at Mill Bay, who still hates book keeping with a passion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home