Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday.

So nice to check in and to see a few more postings. It has taken me a wee while to get through the "sign in" process . As I was waiting, it occured to me that we have lost the spontaneity that we enjoyed with the old system. That's sad, but I for one, can afford to take those extra moments, so will try to post more regularly !

Thanks for the recipe Rosey. I will try it as a loaf, tomorrow ! I will report back. ! It has all my favourite things in it, so should be a winner !

We "relocate" possums here, as they are a pest too ( and are proven TB carriers. ) Had to laugh when Rosey said that Jock had wanted to paint the raccoons bottoms, to see if the same ones returned !! My DH sprayed the tail of a possum for the very same reason. (it didn't return !!)

Good to hear about your travels Doris. Sounds as if you enjoyed your trip. I was interested in some of your comments about Ireland. Seems that there is a certain "sameness" in all Western destinations these days.. Those "golden arches" are everywhere !!

We here in little old NZ, are feeling very proud this week. Our yachties have won the Louis Vitton cup in Valencia.. Best of nine races against the Italians. We won 5 nil.. earning the right to sail for the Americas Cup, later this month. All very exciting (and tiring !!) Unfortunately , the live broadcast comes in at 1am till 3am (ish). Not too good for a sleep dependant bod like myself !!!

Very chilly here today. Winter is fast approaching. The ski fields opened this w/end, not much natural snow but cold enough up there to get the snow making machines going... We had the first heavy frost last week so that's the end of any colour in the garden. Not long before the early bulbs will be flowering though and I really wouldn't like to live anywhere that didn't have seasons !

Time to stoke the fire and get the hand quilting out. Could be a cosy evening around the fire. Isn't that just what we quilters enjoy ?!?

Enjoy your day.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home