Friday, June 8, 2007

HELLO

I'm still among the living. The hand is fine and the friendship with the cat owners is on the mend. Had the varicose great saphenous vein in my right leg removed and that's fine. The procedure is almost painless and done in the office. Ain't technology grand? Had allergy testing on Monday and it seems that the earlier testing four years ago wasn't competently done. I am in need of being laminated as I'm allergic to almost everything in my environment. The shots will begin in a few weeks whenever the serum is ready. The list includes oak, maple and eastern cottonwoods, grass (the legal kind), dust mites (actually that's dust mite excrement), mold(that's the worst), cats and yes, dogs. Fortunately the dog reaction was slight. Not so the cat reaction. I already knew that cats and I don't mix well.

After gaining back the 7 pounds I'd previously lost, I've managed to get rid of 5.5 of it. Vascular surgeon discharged me with orders to walk 30 minutes a day but no gym for a while. I've far exceeded the walking requirement and returned to gym yesterday. It was brutal. It had been almost a month and it's like starting all over again. I'm going to approach it slowly but regularly.

I'm struggling to get caught up around the house and especially the quilting. The DGSs' birthday approaches in a week and once again, the quilts aren't done. I'm also getting caught up on the guild mystery quilt.

That's about it. I know it's a thrill a second. I'll write again soon with the saga of Shadow's latest mouse hunt.

Rosey, I still intend to give you the scoop on the Al Brown 'coon repellent but have to get my act together to go to stitch 'n bitch.

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home