Monday, June 4, 2007

The Coon Battles cont'

I am now quite familiar with the sneaky little beast that is tumbling our bird seed can over end down the incline to the lot line and who is somehow reaching in past the trap door to eat the food that I leave for him/her....it has a name...saddleback...because it has a wide brown band around it's middle, why I don't know. War has been declared tonight...the live trap is nailed into the ground, a large rock is on top. And in the back, behind the trap-flap is a lovely tuna can full of yogurt. I figured that it would not be a quick swipe of the paw to dislodge yogurt. Tomorrow morning will tell the tale. Surely one raccoon cannot outsmart two people.

This morning I drove to the city at 7:30 and spent a delightful 1/2 hour snorting car exhaust in a bumper to bumper traffic jam. A trip that in the morning takes 1 1/2 hours, at noon on the return takes under 50 minutes. It's allergy-testing time again.

If anyone wants to see a good movie (males excluded) go and see Georgia Rule, with Jane Fonda and cast. I won't explain the story-line as someone just recommended the movie to me and I called up two friends, one, minister friend, Penny, the other, Virginia, both chums from high school and living now close to me here in the country. We are all getting 'on' this year and we sat there in the show, three birds in a row, laughing and enjoying the movie which doesn't have a laughing story about it but for the subject matter is very well done.

It's plain yogurt, by the way...good for a raccoon's tummy.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home