Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Of 'coons, Ireland, and sew on

Rosey: let me know how the yogurt works. I used a small can of cat food. The friend I borrowed the trap from said to dig a small hole and put the can of food in it. The 'coon will go into the trap and dig for the food. (The trap is sitting on top of the food)
Has anyone heard from Anna in Spain? I guess she can't get onto this board, but I do want to keep up with her. Did her DH get his disability?
Doris-loved the travelogue of Ireland. I guess fast food is everywhere. Hard to think of Subway sandwiches and Ky. Fried Chicken in another country! I wonder if it is as good as in the south. Fried chicken is a speciality of mine, and only about once a year, as it is such a mess, and not all that healthy. As my Mom is fond of saying "Fried chicken is NOT fast food".
Right now our plans are on hold as far as vacations go, waiting for DH to hire some help in the A/C office, someone who can be there to answer the phones in the mornings, and do office work. Good help is hard to find! We are looking at Ireland for Sept. '08. Our 30th anniv. is that year, and both of us will turn 60. Oh, that sounds old.

I'm doing a demo of a small project I found in Art Quilt mag. on coffee sleves. The cardboard things that go around the coffee cups. It is quilted like a crazy quilt.
For tonight's guild meeting. Hopefully my GF who talked me into joining this guild will show up.
Yesterday and today I spent the morning at DD's house fixing up the closet in one of the DGS's bedroom. There was nothing in this closet except for a few cherrios on the floor and dust bunnies. The other GM and I painted the room and the closet a royal blue about 2 years ago, and there has been no progress since then. I found a light that uses 2 AA batteries and looks like a regular light blub. Then I hung those wire closet maid shelves. Man! Are they ever wicked. Drywall screws, wall anchors, etc. They came out level, and will stay up if no little monkeys hang off of them. That was 2 day's worth of work. Hopefully I can sweet talk DH into helping for about 45 min. on Thursday morning, to finish the corner bracket.
Then maybe the boys can hang some clothes in there. There is a shoe cubby to put together also, but I think the older boys can help do that.
Rain- Yes! We had about 4 inches on Sat. thanks to the tropical system that hit Florida on Sat. last. The whole state needed it. I believe all the fires are out except the one in the Okeenofee swamp. That one is about 50% out.
Tomorrow is a big work day here. Hopefully the tree people will be here about 7:30 to start on the two large trees in the back. The grass needs cutting, so hopefully the kid I hired will be here at 10:00 AM, maybe I can get some quilting done.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2007 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Sara - What issue of Art Quilting was the pattern in? Those "sleeves" sound like a lot of fun and a great little tuck-in gift.

Kathi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home