Sunday, June 10, 2007

Remember to consider the phenol that the serum is placed in...get yourself tested for a reaction to phenol. I've had one and have stopped the shots for now. It can be placed in glycerin as well, I think.


ROSEY P - You are absolutely right. I've read (a long, long time ago) about the serum base being a potential allergen for some people. Years ago I took allergy shots from a certain allergist and I swore the shots I got from him caused my sinus infections. There was definitely a pattern: too much cause-and-effect for it to go unnoticed. When I raised the question to his shot nurse she looked at me like I was crazy or from Mars. With that response, I promptly stopped getting the shots and wasn't sick any more. Years later I started up with my current allergist, testing, etc. and have actually can take the maintenance dose, with his formulation.

RACCOONS - We're fortunate that they're not a problem around here. They exist, but not a problem. Good advice, Pat in Rockport, about dumping the critters on those who haven't volunteered to take them on. Our local Animal Control facility will pick up any possums and skunks I trap and put them down because those animals are known carriers of rabies in our area. I don't know what they'd do with a raccoon.

DROUGHT - I heard on the TV this week that we are nine inches below our normal rainfall at this time of year. YIKES! I hope the local city governments will start restrictions on lawn watering and such before we hit a crisis mode. I am particularly worried for the farmers around here. May be I should go wash my car, myself by hand, in the 92F heat, as that always guarantees it will rain in a day or two. ;-)

Hugs to everyone,
Doris W. in TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home