Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday checking in

Good day everyone. I'd say goodmorning, but see it is already after 2:00 PM.
Today was my catch up day for hurricane supplies. The tax-exempt days end tomorrow. I'm proud to say that I remembered to use my Ace coupons and bought an extra propane tank and had it filled. (for the gas grill)
Then went to Lowe's and purchased the 4'x8' pannels for opaque polywhatever for the large kitchen and sewing room windows. Bought 2 more to cut up for the bathroom and kitchen regular size windows. I had done my research per Flylady's instructions so knew what to buy and so on. Wasn't in a panic, so didn't overspend. I'll have to go back this evening with DH's pick up truck to have it loaded in to bring home. Too big to fit into the car.
Went to the bank and took the original birth certificates that had been in a file cabinet. Have been meaning to do that for years. Since DH is a retired employee we get a free safe deposit box, the small one.
Fun stuff/ went to the Suwanee River over the weekend and did the paddle thing. I've named my kayak the bananna boat as it is bright yellow. The river was about 10 to 12 feet below normal due to the ongoing drought. It was strange to sit in the water and look way up over our heads to see the limestone rocks and tree roots. While going under a bridge I saw about 15 feet over my head the begining of the marker for the "flood" marking. Won't have to worry about that for the year.
The water is brackish, so couldn't see too much. It was hot, hot, hot. The humidity has arrived in Fla. as of last week. I think it was officialy 98 degrees here yesterday. Good weather to be in the A/C business. Too hot to go out and do much except in the early morning or evening. Or on the water.
Realized I need to resign from some of my volunteer quilting, as I'm being resentfull of the time I spend on it. Not a good attitude to have. This is supposed to be fun.
OK, off to make some phone calls.
Sara in the heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home