Monday, June 11, 2007

Early Monday morning

Last night a walk through the woods produced a lovely view of a deer, so we skirted the opposite side of the forest, the dogs and I. But another young 'coon has been trapped this morning. Doris, we don't have the 'luxury' of calling animal control here in the country. Thinking about this relocating problem, other than shooting the animal, which I don't like to do and don't have guns in the house, there is a difference between rural and urban living. In the country, we live side by side with wildlife, which for me, is one of the greatest pleasures and the occasional problem. Some people have a terrible time with the deer; most, with raccoons and sometimes skunks. I used to think that raccoons were cute, but I've had horrible destruction in my hen house as a result of them beheading my chickens.

Off early to do my volunteer work this morning and it's a lovely morning here in this part of the world. Marion, I can hear you getting ready to think about another quilt project with your winter coming on. But to think that you don't have a long one is good, given that we almost have to brace ourselves at the start of ours to have the patience to deal with the longevity of it.

Jean, twenty pounds is quite a lot. What about new clothes? You'd not fit into anything that fit you before, now.

And, yes, the muffins are sweet, Jill. I don't eat them myself because once I start eating something with that much sugar in it, I get hooked. I've had a run over the week-end at my apple cake. Even though I cut back on the sugar, it's so good that once it's made or taken out of the freezer, I have no control at all until it's gone. My jeans are decidedly tight this morning...no wonder, that.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home