Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thursday again. Already!

Time has been flying lately -- so much to do and DH is off to Alberta for the spring seeding in a few days, so every minute counts! But it is Thursday again and that would be weigh in day. Bad week. Not much progress -- maybe half a pound, but my scales aren't accurate enough to be sure of even that! Next week will be better -- once DH is away I can eat the way I want without having to deal with his meals and preferences.

Marion, I meant to post to say you did a fabulous job on the quilt -- it is wonderful! And also to say how pleased I was to hear that the littlest sailor had arrived safely.

Jane, I also meant to post to say that there is nothing selfish about backing off some of the public service volunteer stuff. You have my permission to retire from all such obligations! I, too, have reached a point where I think it is someone else's turn to pick up the load and carry on. I will finish the things I am doing now, but I do not plan to take on anything new after this.

I have completed the big tasks I set for myself in terms of Spring cleaning -- and my sewing room looks spectacular! Good thing, too, because my design group met here for the first time last night! LOL Nothing like a deadline to encourage completion of a dreaded task! Now I am ready to turn my attention to my gardens. Having assessed the amount of work they require, I have started the process of hiring someone to come in and salvage something from the mess of weeds they have become! I have so many other things I have to do in the next couple of months that there is no way I will have time to do a proper garden renovation as well -- just like giving myself permission to stop volunteering for everything in sight, I have also given myself permission to acknowledge when a job is just plain too big for me to accomplish without killing myself and when it is time to get help! I have a feeling that these two simple little changes are going to make my life much more pleasant in the future!

But now DH has come back with my car and I must be off to do the little old lady's banking, pick up the time cards to do the payroll, and get to Curves.

Jean, who would sooner be playing in that sewing room!

Jean

1 Comments:

At May 3, 2007 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Jean,
congratulations on getting your sewing room organized. Now, can you come do mine? LOL
If your ears were burning last week I was thinking about you a lot and re-living Paducah memories. Even went to Patti's for dinner - still as good as when we were there for my birthday. When you see Joy and Jean again tell them I said HI!
I'm expecting you guys soon. Let me know your plans.
Hugs, Irene

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home