Monday, April 30, 2007

SPRING IS HERE

My spring is ahead of many of yours and finally, apparently unequivocally, here. I know how you feel, Rosey about sharing the urge to roll in the new green grass. Molly and Shadow always eat (ate) a bunch of the new stuff. Shadow grazes like a cow sometimes in the spring. It comes out the way it goes in, by the way, in one long leaf at a time. Well, that takes the poetry out of the spring conversation. Molly loved rolling in crisp dead oak leaves in the fall and on snow and ice. She would lie down at the top of a bank in the snow, wiggle vigorously until she started to slide downhill and then simply enjoyed the ride. She'd race to the top and do it all over again. She was the only dog I've ever seen do that. I always said that she made up her own games. And that trainer said she was stupid. Humph.

Rosey, what are you doing posting in the predawn hours? These days I wait for the sun to get me up.

I had what was probably the slowest dial up in recorded history before I bit the bullet last July and got satellite hookup with Hughes. The cost is obscene. The speed is nowhere near comparable to DSL but it sure beats the only alternative. Word from Verizon is that we should have it in 12 to 18 mos. I am not holding my breath but as soon as it gets up the road to me (it's currently available only four miles down stream from me) I'll jump over. That dish in the yard is ugly in the extreme. The one on the roof for TV is much more discreet. Can't wait to cut my monthly cost by two thirds and get that eyesore out of the yard. Despite all my griping, though, I'm glad I made the move. The satellite radio, by the way, is very reasonably priced and I'm VERY glad I did that as radio reception around here is terrible because of the mountains.

Just heard that this morning the commute between Oakland and San Francisco is the worst in decades. One more good reason to live in the back woods, eh Grace and Rosey?

Off to pump iron,
Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home