Monday, May 7, 2007

More reason to not buy from China

From the New York Times:
www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/world/americas/06poison.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
And this is where much of our quilt cloth is coming from as well the tainted pet food that is hitting NA markets.

Speaking of diets, I've managed to pretty much stay within the same slack size most of my life but yesterday trying on a pair of jeans at Mark's WorkWharehouse resorted in me having the displeasure of viewing multi-layers of cellulite draped around and above my waistline as I tried to do up my jeans. The view discomfitted me to the degree that my age is my reality of floppy skin and added pounds where, in my youth, were nonexistant.

Sunny, cold and displaying the grime of winter dirt on my outside windows...a small price to pay for sun shining in through them. Over the week-end I had an exciting view of an Indigo Bunting at my feeder. However, I think that he was travelling through the area and I may not be so lucky to have him as a permanent guest.

My day will be spent trying to finish up a UFO. Clutter is hitting critical mass again in my studio.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At May 7, 2007 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

That was sooooo scarey!
Makes you think twice about taking anything.
I still wonder if there will be an ethelene glycol(antifreeze)connection to the pet food problem, even though they are saying no right now. Jill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home