Saturday, May 5, 2007

Sunday morning..

By the time the form comes up I have just about forgotten what I was going to say !! Something new happened this morning, I looked up and saw that, though I was typing away , it was all to no avail as I was on an editing page !! No idea how that happened or if I could get there again ! Life is full of surprises.

We have been away for a few days and thoroughly enjoyed catching up with a long-time friend . This friend was my closest neighbour when I first came to NZ and we shared lots of happy times together, in those early days . She was widowed twelve years ago. They were the couple we went hunting and shooting with all those years ago.. Nice to be home and so exciting to have some beautiful photos on the email, of the new member of the family ! His parents look suitable overwhelmed by their new son. My nephew is 44yrs old, that's quite old to have a first baby. He and his (American) wife have spent the last few years sailing around the world, competing in various races. They are in Valencia at the moment so are now busy showing off their new son to the sailing community, all gathered there for the America's Cup. It will be interesting to see if sailing continues to be their main focus .

Jane, I do enjoy your long and amusing posts !! Keep them coming. We have an attic and a large garage full of "useful" things. I have a feeling we'll be paying to get them removed eventually !! Interested to hear that your DD was an O.T. That was my profession too . Looking forward to seeing the photographs of the birds..

DH is out mowing the lawns. The grass is still growing. I should be out planting some anemones, can't have too many of those..

Mary, so pleased that you enjoyed Australia, next time, pop over to NZ , it's worth the trip !!

I went to a Craft Fair while we were away , and saw a new product. It was from STh Africa, called Serviette Podge ( ! ) You use the top layer only, of a paper serviette, Visofix it onto fabric, put this "podge" (it's like a glue) on the top, , leave for 24hrs, then heat set. It's supposed to last forever . Have any of you heard of anything like that ? I thought I might try it out. I am making a "Garden" quilt at the moment. Seems a great alternative to buying 1/4mt of fabric just to cut out one flower... I'll let you know how I get on.

Better get out to the garden before the weather changes.

Marion (who is feeling remarkably refreshed after only three days away !!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home