Saturday, February 24, 2007

Winter in Minnesota

We're in the middle of an actual Minnesota snow storm here - we're in Southern Minn & it looks like other parts of the state have had much more snow already, but we woke up to ice & sleet with a few inches of snow. The second wave started awhile ago and they are predicting a total of up to 12-14 for our area. I started a pot of soup this morning and made some beer batter bread (less than an hour from start to eat) so we are set. We were supposed to have a "old fashioned quilting bee" at church tomorrow afternoon but I'm not sure if that will happen. There are several people going on a mission trip to Kentucky in April and our church is responsible for making 9 twin-size quilts to take along. I put together a couple of easy 9-patch kits for people to work on tomorrow and I have finished one top at home. Another person has put together a couple of kits and two other people have also finished tops on their own. We can always reschedule if the weather is too bad in the morning but we were all looking forward to the afternoon of sewing & chatting - and there was the promise of food, too - we're Methodist so there is always food.

I'll have to try to get some pictures posted before too long - I've downloaded most of the pictures to my laptop so I'll have to see if I can figure out how to transfer them to this computer. I'm sure my 15 year old DD will be able to help me! I know I have a bunch of pictures from the retreat at Mayme's last year - Joleen in MN

1 Comments:

At February 25, 2007 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Beverley said...

Dear Joleen,
What is beer batter bread? Do you have the recipe please??
Beverley In Britain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home