Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Phishing

It's not only eBay and PayPal that you have to worry about, although they are some of the worst. I've been getting emails purporting to be from Western Union, telling me that my account is to be suspended...my non-existent account. I called the Western Union customer service number and they gave me a site to send the emails to. You need to right click on the unopened email, choose Properties, click Details, press Message Source and then copy the contents of the new window and paste in into your email to the real site in order to get all of the sender data so that they can trace it. Hope that made sense...Oh yes, that's for Outlook Express. I would imagine that there are other instructions for the other types of browsers. There is also an Internet Fraud Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov that you can report to.

Kathi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home