Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Weather


After a few days in the low 70s, we're only at 48 at the moment, but are very thankful we're not in the north with 10 feet of snow. Do stay warm and safe, northerners.


I'm trying to decide if I want to return the call from the hospital asking if I would like to work tonight or tomorrow night. I only worked about 8 shifts last year. Starting in August, I'll be old enough that I can work as much as I want without messing up my Soc. Sec., but I'm really enjoying not working.


Well, I did call and I'll work tonight and decide about tomorrow night in the morning. I'll take a nice nap after lunch. Work is from 6:45 pm to 7:15 am, but always runs over a bit in the morning, so I'm lucky to get home by 8 am. I do enjoy the work now and then, it's a fun job for the most part. I think of myself as almost entirely retired, but not quite. And, the extra $ are nice. I'm sure we'll have another horrid electric bill, since we've had to run the heat so much this winter. I did want to get going on the Challenge quilt, which has to be done by the first Monday in March. I've been putting it off for a year, but finally decided what I want to do just this morning.


I'm still plugging away on Atkins. I've lost 24 pounds since October 1. I've got to send some clothes to Goodwill. That will be very enjoyable. I have a long way to go. I do feel so much better when I stay on a low carb regimen.


I'm adding a pic of another of my pretty sewing machines, since I don't have another quilt pic at the moment. The picture-adding feature of this blog is just great.


Pat in Rockport, TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home