Wednesday, February 14, 2007

checking in


We're on the southern tip of the Kansas winter storm right now. Yet another bitter cold snap and I am not complaining since we don't have the snow. I'm home all day "prepping" for a routine colonoscopy tomorrow. I have low blood sugar so not being able to eat all day is verrry hard for me. ~sigh~ I celebrated my own "Fat Tuesday" yesterday, so don't feel too sorry for me. LOL I can't wait for it to be over so I can eat again.

I'm testing the photo option, so we'll see if my picture of our little dog Alex makes it to the Chat Board. This new blog site is really nice and I love seeing all the photos y'all are sharing. I need to take a picture of the quilt I finished a year ago, and post it.

Take care and hugs to everyone!

4 Comments:

At February 14, 2007 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Linda, the Serial Quilter from Oxford, Ohio said...

Doris, I'm not sure which prep kit you are using, but when I did the prep a few years ago, I could eat all the Jello I wanted, as long as it had no red dye in it (i.e. no red or purple colored stuff). I can't do the regular sugar Jello, so had to use sugar free. The yellow and green stuff is ok to eat during prep.

 
At February 14, 2007 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Just did the very same last Friday. I got to have the Jello, chicken or beef broth (no solids) and I sucked on a lifesaver between those awful glasses of "stuff".

Hope you results are as good as mine were.

 
At February 14, 2007 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Same prep rules here but jello just does not stick to the ribs. I need protein and complex carbs. LOL

What can I say about the Prep kit (Fleet Phospho soda) except . . .it's a blast. (pun intended) Good thing I planned on staying home. A verrry good thing. ;-)

 
At February 15, 2007 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Linda, the Serial Quilter from Oxford, Ohio said...

Another hint that helped me----drink the nasty stuff through a straw. It bypasses the taste buds in your mouth. It's harder to chug that way, but it kept me drinking the stuff. Luckily I only had one large glass full of the nasty stuff to drink!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home