Saturday, February 10, 2007

Oh, why did I do it....!?

Do NOT go to see Diane Keaton in "Because I Said So".. forewarned by the movie critics, friend Virginia and I nevertheless said: it can't be all that bad. Well, it was. We left half-way through the movie and thought that the actresses in the movie might have had to go on a diet of Valium, the acting was so hyper. Wonder if Diane Keaton might not have left Annie Hall too far behind....she was AWFUL. And in an awful role...how could she do it after that subtle movie with Jack Nicholson...and where is Dr. Ruth and Elsie Ebert when we need them...have we lost them in the transfer?

I often go the movies with friend Virginia and she always buys a large bag of popcorn to eat in the movie. After sitting beside her for years listening to her munch on her popcorn, I said: maybe I should try something here...and ordered nachos and salsa. Wish I hadn't. The salt would have killed a pig. I haven't bought 'movie house' food ever...what possessed me this time I don't know. Ate half and my tummy is gurgling like a group of groundhogs.

Jane, Shadow is beautiful. Hello, Grace, we had sunshine down here in S.Ont.
Rosey

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2007 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Pat in Rockport, TX said...

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy the movie. I went with my DH, my buddy Doris, and my Mom, and we all laughed ourselves silly. It was rather naughty here and there, but was entertaining in a superficial way. We prefer comedies, and the lighter the better.

Pat in Rockport, TX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home