Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just checking in

And wanted to see if I had any trouble with the process. Jane - are you logging in before you try to post? Up in the right hand corner....log in with your email addy and password and make sure you are in the "new blogger" section.

We actually have measurable snow on the ground this morning--the first since Christmas Eve. It's now sunny and bright, and the temperatures are predicted to reach the 50s by the end of the week.

I, too, want more info on the retreat. I keep thinking I'm going to get to another one, and somehow things get turned upside down. This time I'll make my plane reservations ahead of time and then can't back out. Of course, if things change retreat-wise, Grace may be stuck with a guest anyway. LOL. I was at the first one in Ohio in 99 and had a great time. So many of those people have since left the Board, but we certainly have maintained a goodly number of them still here. (What a garbled sentence that one was!)

Where would one fly into to reach that part of Canada?

Kathi

3 Comments:

At February 27, 2007 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Celia in NB said...

Kathi, you would fly into Ottawa Canada. Then there would be a drive to the Golden Lake area where Grace lives. It would probably require some car rental and or pooling arrangements from there. Not sure if there is a bus service, but my guess would be not. It was similar to that when we went to MI and some of us flew into Grand Rapids. It all seemed to work out very well and the other BBers were more than generous with meeting people and sharing their cars. I don't think we lost anyone. Hope not anyway!

My understanding is that Grace is planning on the retreat being September 2008, not this year.
Celia

 
At February 28, 2007 at 12:32 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Kathi - I used to go to the "dashboard" but now it has an entirely new look. I sign in, but can't figure out how to post. Aaaargh! I guess I'll e-mail Eric and see why y'all are making posts and I can't.
Doris W. in TN

 
At February 28, 2007 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

Re: logging on - been there and done that innumerable times. When I hit that link it just doesn't respond. If I right click it and hit open on a new page it opens onto the dashboard page but I still can't get a response. I can still get in via a comment, usually after several tries.

Thanks for trying to help.

Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home