Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I lost my Mom today

My Mom passed away today after an 8 weeks struggle with cancer.

2 months ago she had a colonoscopy that revealed cancer. 2 days after she got the diagnosis, she ended up in the hospital never to go home.

It's been a very hard couple of months for me. I've spend much of my time at her bedside, and was holding her hand when the Good Lord called her home.

After seeing her in the hospital a week ago, Isaac asked me when Grandma would be coming home. I told him that Grandma would never come home, that she would be going to live with God. I started crying, and he looked in my face and said "Don't cry Mommy, we can always pray to Grandma, and she'll always be in our hears". Oh, the wisdom of a child!

Thanks for all who have helped me with their prayers, etc. on this journey.

Karen in KS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home