Saturday, February 17, 2007

changes in plans


I was planning to drive to Montgomery to visit my folks, but the kids at school have given me the crud. This is just the way I wanted to spend a three day weekend.
Maybe if I get to feeling better, I can start the taxes and finish my friend's quilt that is just lacking the borders.
I am enclosing a picture of my babies. The boxer is Ike; he's almost 11. We got him from the widow of a friend. She couldn't take care of all of "his" dogs after he died. He is the littermate to the dog we had that died of a brain tumor on the adrenal gland, but Ike seems to be fine. The labradork is Schuyler (Sky-ler). He's almost a year and a half old. He was an unplanned purebred pup, free to a good home. He's rather larger than we hoped he'd be, but I have laughed myself silly over his antics. He's been good for Ike too. Both dogs try to catch the frisbee. They usually miss. Then Ike grabs it and starts to bring it back to us and Schuyler takes it away from him. Both dogs run back to us and we start over. If we really want to play catch, we have to put one dog in the house and just play with the other one by himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home