Sunday, June 21, 2015

From Mary Luney

I am more than happy to post for anyone who cannot get into this website to post, though for the life of me, can't figure out why Eric is not monitoring people's comments to try and explain why...maybe some internet services are not compatible with their server.  My email address, as I've posted before, changing the at to @ is:  farmerswalkbandbatsympatico.ca.  (Rosey/aka Sandy Small Proudfoot)

And here is Mary's email to me, will let Jean in Mill Bay know as well.  Mary mentioned that other quilters have been notified but there may be some here who may not know of Charles's death:

Could you let them know that my husband, Charles, died May 18th after being in a car accident on the 12th.  He and a friend were waiting on the highway to make a left turn when a woman going pretty fast, rear ended them.  He had two broken vertebrae in his back, two broken ribs, right elbow was broken, right knee was broken.  He had 11 staples in the back of his head and two stitches in his right wrist.  But he was doing well when he had pulmonary emboli that killed him.  I miss him so much and I can see that life will never be the same.
Mary Luney

2 Comments:

At June 25, 2015 at 8:36 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Mary, you are right, a death changes everything in a person's life, no matter what age or when it happens. I was 34 yrs. old when it happened to me and while I had two small children to raise and focus on, when you loose a spouse in older age, you have that many more years to have lived and shared your lives together. It is a major adjustment, the longer you've lived with someone. I have a friend right now who after being married 65 years, working together in their flower shop, spending 24 hrs. a day together, happily, two years later is still having a tough time. When you are older, you don't have the same energy to reconnect and refocus your life in another direction. It is very hard. And the shock of how the person died stays with you always. I hope you can find solace in something, Mary, maybe even your quilting.
Rosey/aka Sandy

 
At June 26, 2015 at 12:47 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

I haven't posted for ages and seldom get onto the page. It is with great sadness that I read today of your loss Mary, but thank you for letting us know. What a double shock for you, first the accident and then the embolism. Rosey is quite right, the older we get the more difficult it is to adjust to new circumstances. I hope you have good supportive friends around you . Let us know how you get on and if there is anything that we can do for you...unlikely I know but there just might be something.. I emailed a friend of mine everyday for 18mths after her husband died, she told me afterwards that on some days that was all she got up for..
Thinking of you and sending cyber hugs,
Marion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home