Monday, March 2, 2015

house in Taupo

We now own a fantastic house in Taupo but not moving until Nov.They have another house but it is not available until Nov and it suits us to go there then. I need to make/purchase/ find, winter clothing. It is very cold sometimes when the wind is blowing off the mountain and after Auckland I need lots of thermals socks gloves and make a cover for my boy,he has never seen snow. I am starting to wonder if it will be fair to take him,but otherwise it will be afinal trip to the vet . He is now eleven and has arthritis.I always say it is quality not quantity of life but when you are faced with the decision things are different.I am going to be able to walk there, there is a walk around the lake which is flat and Grant is going to unload me somewhere there go for coffee and collect me later. In his dreams if he thinks I will be left there on my own , he will probably forget me until after lunch!!! We did see a couple using wheelchairs so it will be flat. IT is quite funny really I started my married life in Taupo at the same Bay and will probably finish it there. Grant was too small to remember the place but I do and feel as though I will be going home.Hugs to all ,Bee at the moment very very hot .

4 Comments:

At March 2, 2015 at 2:55 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, I looked up Taupo on the internet. The majestic mountains overlooking the lake, it looks like heaven. How is it that this happened all of a sudden, this purchase of a home there? And yes, you must take your dog. He is part of you. Dogs adapt, manage, if all he does when it's cold is go outside to piddle, that's fine. Our girls are not out and about much in the wintertime but I can get them up to their dogrun and they can run loose up in there in the snow. You'll have a wonderful adventure ahead of you, imagine, life still has surprises.
Rosey

 
At March 2, 2015 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Houses are half the price out of Auckland. His house is 1 million and this is half that for a much better finished house. He has the contract for the dams we use for power and there is another 2-3 years work in Taupo area, he will keep an eye open and see what comes up .He was born about half a mile away from this new house. We love it there but didn't think we could find anything so good.

 
At March 2, 2015 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

That all sounds good Bee. How exciting for you all.

DD . and family had a lovely holiday in Taupo in Dec/Jan . They too,have an over-priced home in Auckland and could easily be tempted to move south and be mortgage free. Not a good time to move with three teenagers but the thought is there !
All the best for the move. It's nice that you have few months to get used to the idea. Well done to you and your son for being so decisive ! We've talked of moving for the last five years and are no closer to actually doing it now , than we were then..

 
At March 4, 2015 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Go ahead and do the move! It's a pain making the decisions, but once you have that part done, it gets easier. We are not promised tomorrow!
We are looking forward to spending more time walking on the beach, riding bicycles, and generally doing things other than watching TV.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home