Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ummmm...May I remind you that....

Some of us are experiencing:
 Extreme Cold Warning Issued at 3:09 p.m. EST Thursday 26 February 2015 
Summary
A period of very cold wind chills is expected. A frigid arctic airmass will combine with light to moderate winds to produce wind chill values between minus 30 and minus 35 overnight and early Friday morning.
 
I shall commit Marion's picture of the beach, the sun and the beautiful blue water to memory as I sit here sneezing my head off (I'm determined this is not a cold but sinus itching) and Meg, my little monkey of a nearly 3 yr old Aussie, see below, who is quite enamoured of my sneezy Kleenexes and sneaking them off to her crate to chew, and head off to bed.  The notice warned people to dress in layers, wear warm socks, gloves, a hat and scarf in cold weather. Be sure to cover your nose to protect it (no problem there, it's covered in Kleenex tissues anyway.... Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frost bite and hypothermia.  It also mentions no alcohol.  Hmmm....a  hot toddy might be just the answer for an impending cold, don't you think....Rosey in frigid Southern Ontario, Canada
 
 
 

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2015 at 1:56 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Oh my goodness !! 30 degs below..... I can't even imagine how cold that could be. You must be a special breed of people to survive up there in such conditions. Do you ever leave home ? Do you have supplies stored for the winter months ? Do you ever get to see anybody else ? Such conditions must put strains on relationships surely ? I don't think it would suit me ! Be encouraged Rosey, this w/end will see the arrival of March , just that little bit closer to the warmer months.

 
At February 27, 2015 at 8:16 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, It's all a matter of an attitude adjustment. I love having my face stinging cold and coming into the warmth where it gets all rosy. I grew up in the ice-cold skating rink...so I like winter...but, what I don't like is having to drive in conditions of black ice, blinding snow and white-outs. Since we are retired, everything now, for me, is weather permitting. Otherwise, we dress in layers, plan to make a quilt project, himself reads all winter lying on the couch, bringing in the wood for our woodstove heating...The sun is out much more now. The hard parts of the winter are December and January where the sun disappears somewhere in the universe, likely down your way, down under. And when all else is lost, a good hot toddy works.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home