Sunday, March 29, 2015

Greetings from the very cool beach

I've been so busy unpacking boxes, doing laundry in the new High Eff. washing machine (Uh! change) that haven't checked in for quite some time.
First the good news--the ocean is beautiful any time and very relaxing.  I saw the sunrise this morning, and yesterday morning.  The past week has been foggy, with some rain.  But no snow as Rosey, or cold weather -relatively speaking.  It was 40 and windy on the balcony this morning at sunrise, but warmed up to 65 during the day.  Always a north wind, but in the summer it will be nice.
The estate sale at the house went well.  The lady who did it is quite the saleswoman.  All the large furniture sold, including DH's pool table, the chairs and etc. that go with it.  The buyer paid in full, and he has until the house sells to get it out.
We do have to go over and collect the odds and ends that didn't sell and call Salvation Army or another organization to come get everything.  It was strange walking in there this afternoon, for only 10 min. but a very strange feeling.
After we get the overhead garage door fixed (of course it has to break 2 weeks ago) and clean out we can get it on the market and hopefully it will sell quickly.
Being Easter week we are busy with church activities.
My DH has about a 30 min. drive to work on the Interstate from here, and I will have to drive about 45 min. each way to see my Mom, also on the Interstate, very nerve wracking.
I am s-l-o-w-l-y adjusting to living in a condo building.  Having to walk the dogs several times a day, up and down the elevator, seems odd.  We went Down the steps 3 different time.  I only made it Up to the 5th floor one time, then got off and took the elevator.  Whew!  That's a workout.
I'm itching to get the quilt room set up.  I have the machine up, and am re-reading "Setting Up Your Sewing Space".
Anyone who has moved a household can attest to the oddness of moving- finding the light switches, etc.  The bathroom in the middle of the night!  The odd noises, the layout of the kitchen.
Too long, stay well
Sara in Fla.

3 Comments:

At March 30, 2015 at 2:41 AM , Blogger Bee said...

I know exactly what you mean,my window catches are the wrong way ,the taps are different, I am used to a central tap and now have a different way to use that. So many little things and now I have to relearn them all again. We have paid a deposit on the Taupo house and packing starts soon . I must have known as I didn't unpack lots of boxes just as I needed them, so now I can seal them up again.

 
At April 3, 2015 at 5:42 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sara, I meant to comment as well, now going back, moving to a new location is disconcerting yet, moving in here to the country, I did not find the change in homes disconcerting but I did find adjusting to the country, so. As much as this has always been my dream, to live in the country, the adjustment to location took more than a year or even two to get used to...to the quietness of the country, to not having my friends drop in for a cup of tea, to not seeing the same things I'd seen for 23 yrs in my other home when I looked out the window, things like that.

Looking out at the ocean is an ever-changing scene and one that is both peaceful for me and when stormy, somewhat frightening. Mother Nature is truly a force. I've been in Florida at the tale end of hurricane season and the force of the rain coming down can drive one off the road blinding vision. The wind can whip up sand so strongly that the sand bites into and hurts your legs.
And interstates anywhere are frightening when you're not used to driving them. Not sure anyone gets used to driving on those things.
Rosey

 
At April 3, 2015 at 5:45 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Misspelled Tale...should be tail end....something that happens in older age...lol. I got 100% in spelling in public school. You'd never know it now.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home