Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday June 27th

Hard to believe we're into the last part of June after we had such a long winter, which dragged towards the end and now it's summer and it's flying by far too fast.  I almost want to hug it and greedily tuck it away where Mother Nature and winter can't find it.

I received a lovely note from Pat Seals in Michigan this morning and I've emailed her to ask if I might post part of her letter here on the Chat Board.  She has tried, like many others, to post and been unsuccessful, so I would be happy to do so for anyone who wishes to email me (and since the board is private I'm trusting my email address won't be gathered up for spam).  I recently had to pay an entry fee to an exhibit by PayPal and I immediately had two spam phishings (sp?) come into my inbox and the same source is still trying to tell me that I ordered $102 worth of merchandise for which they need personal information in order to deliver it to me.  Not so.  Because of our B&B I cannot change my email address because I don't know where it's now gone on the internet.  So I'll put it at the end of my posting.

And the three panels of eco cotton sheer curtains I wanted to order from Gudrun Sjoden...well, I dropped into Fabricland today to see if they had anything comparable...they didn't nor did I expect them to as sheer cotton is hard to find...but my economic brain figured out the exchange and the fact that I couldn't order anything under $150 US and then pay Canada Customs on top of that...so, I've been having second thoughts.  I bought a somewhat sheer polyester lace instead for curtains...and I will have to make them...my sewing machine and I are never on what I would call good terms and I have to force myself to use it.  I need to put something on my studio windows which overlook our back porch where guests sit and I have no privacy otherwise, without something on that bank of windows.  Motivation enough to become acquainted with my sewing machine again next week if I want to work in here while guests on sitting out on the porch.

So my email address is:  farmerswalkbandbATsympaticoDOTca
Rosey

3 Comments:

At June 28, 2014 at 4:13 AM , Blogger Bee said...

Have you ever hought of using the stick on type? My DD did and the look really good.Hers are a William Morris copy, Quite good.They now look like stained glass, for a studio quite a good idea

 
At June 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, if I get these curtains sewn, I will have a friend take a photo of them and post it here. Because this section of windows overlook our back porch where our B&B guests sit, I'm thinking this may be a better direction to go in..
Rosey

 
At June 29, 2014 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

So glad to hear from so many people!
Rosy-what is "hot" to you in Canada? It has been 95-98 here in Florida. There are people at the beach in and out of the water. I think before we move back to the other side of town - as in tonight- I'm going to put my suit on and go in. Maybe about 6pm. I went to see Mom this morning and her anxiety is worse. I'm going to contact the Hospice people tomorrow and see about more meds for her. At 96 there is no reason she should have to suffer.
Sara in Fla. who is packing up and ready to leave this noisy place.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home