Sunday, June 15, 2014

Any news from Lavinia in Phoenix, AZ?

First though, happy Father's Day to all those who are celebrating.
Lavinia-  I was hoping for your update on all that is going on with the Veterans's Assoc. in Phoenix.  It seems from my not too good memory--that you moved there for better Veteran's services for your DH.  Hopefully he IS getting good service.
For those of you outside the USA, there was a recent scandal with the lack of service in the VA-Veteran's Services.  Several people died do to long wait times.  Evidently there were "2 sets of books" sort of like an accounting service cooking the books.
We had a very quiet day.  I went to and from by GF's daughter's wedding, got back Sat. about 3 pm. Three hours of driving the interstate 95 -2 in pouring rain-- wedding was thought to be held inside, but at 15 min. before the sun came out, the chairs got put up, and they were outside after all.  It was good to see the daughter of an old friend get married and so happy.  My first "ethnic" wedding.  GF 's parents emigrated from Syria in the '40's .   At the end of the reception there was Syrian dancing, complete with belly dancer!
2 more weeks at the beach, then pack up everything.  Some back to house, some to storage.  Not looking forward to it.
House is showing, just not selling.
Hot, sunny here.
Sara in Fla.

5 Comments:

At June 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sara, I have a friend here who is American, has health issues and says she can't afford to move back because of the cost of health care in the US. We have much better health care here in Canada but then we all contribute to it.
Rosey

 
At June 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I would freeze to death! Can't stand cold weather.
Sara in Fla.

 
At June 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

The Veterans health care is all paid for by our tax dollars. Unfortunately the "playing politics" with who gets what never seems to end. It is "free" only they can't get it! (some places are better than others) Our friend who is a Viet Nam Vet. never had any problems with his appts. in Gainesville or here in Jax.
I just got back to the beach condo after going to downtown Jax. for varicose vein injections again. Not going back any more during the summer time. Wearing the heavy support stockings for 5 days when it is 85-90 outside is crazy. I have to sleep in them tonight. DH kept me up snoring last night, so I wound up sleeping on the couch most of the night.
Sara in Fla. where the construction upstairs sounds like the dentist drilling!

 
At June 16, 2014 at 12:41 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Staying in Canada if you have an American citizenship for the sake of medical benefits here in Canads is something my friend is going to have to work out for herself. She's widowed but partnered again...I love our winters, I love the cold weather, I hate the ice, I love the snow. I'm used to them. I always say that our winters here are like having sex after 70....here is comes again Flossie, nothing to be done but just lie back and .....well, you can add the rest..
Rosey

 
At June 19, 2014 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Rosey P - roflol!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home