Thursday, January 17, 2013

Going on a quilt shop tomorrow!

Hopefully the rain that is outside right now will pass soon.  With all the talk of weather, we are dropping like a rock here.  75 yesterday, 72 and sunny this morning, now about 58 and windy with rain.  The "Canadian Clipper" is what the weather people are calling it.  Snow in Mississippi, VA, NC. etc.  We expect about 4 hrs. of rain.  We need the rain to wash the pollen out.  Next week more seasonal.
So, I found a GF to go traveling about with me tomorrow.  We leave at 8:30AM to Daytona and then on to Deland, Orange City, and Eustice, and then back.  I was hoping to spend 1 night with GF in Mt. Dora, but her 35yr. old son has 2 more days with her then is going back to Las Vegas where he is currently living, preforming music and writing.  I think he signed a 1 yr. contract with someone.  She is very tallented in music and singing, and he went into it professionally.  She will meet up with us in Eustice (very small town) for a cup of tea or coke, and we will return home.  The local place where I signed up has a charm bracelet with a "sun" charm on it.  You collect all 6 six charms, and 1 free quilt square.  The 6 blocks can be made into a small wall hanging, or used with something else.  I'm assuming the shop hop is a way to generate business in otherwise slow January.
I got form letters stating my Mom was turned down for credit.  Guess someone was trying to open an account with her SS#.  Reported it to one credit reporting agency.  I think someone got into the files at the nursing home.
More when I get back about the stores.  'Yall stay warm!
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home