Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome back Anna

Goodmorning, and welcome back Anna;
I have often wondered about  you.  It is good to see  you post.  Yes, this blog (or board) seems to change like the wind.  I have been at the beach for 2 weeks while our DD, DSIL and grand boys had taken over our house.  The house is 3 bd, 2 bath, and not enough room for 8.  Thankfully the weather was decent, except for cold, no rain or really bad weather.  The boys all passed around colds, but it was good to see them, hug them.  They are all growing like weeds.  The oldest is 16, has hair in his eyes and mumbles.  He was always the introvert, and now more so.

So, the visit was good, and they are back home in N. Dakota, where it is 10 degrees.  Burrr!  The SIL has to drive to Nebraska today, for work.  I hope he doesn't hit snow, as it is about a 10 hr. drive.

After the foot Dr. apt. this morning I am going to have help come help me clean up, and then get my quilty room back so I can quilt in it.  Itiching to do something.  There is a trundle bed that needs 2 people to get it back in place.  Then I can put the ironing board up.  I never put it down except when there is company using the room.

Some (somewhat) local quilt stores are having a shop hop the 17,18, 19, and 20th of the month.  I don't need more fabric, but think I need some girlfriend fun, so hope to do it.  It would require a fair amount of driving, so hope to find 2 or more friends to go with me.

Anna-you asked about recycling.  We just have basic recycling here.  One day a week, blue plastic bin, fill with newspapers, cans, plastic bottles.  They will take the bottles with or without the tops.  I put my yogurt containers (32oz) in it.  Our city says it costs more to recycle than to just put it in the garbage, but it keeps some of the stuff out of the land fill.   In the AM when I walk the 2 dogs I take an extra plastic bag to pick up beer cans, water bottles.  I draw the line at cigarette buts, and other small items.  Also, they have to be within easy reach.  There is a drainage ditch along the road, and some things fall in there.  I only go where I can stretch my arm.  Don't want to fall in and hurt myself.  LOL it is only about 2 feet deep at the deepest, but it is for the rainwater to go to river.

Good to be home and sleep in my own bed.  Doing lots of laundry, sheets, towels, etc. the crowd left.
Sara in Fla.  Where there is no sunshine this AM.

1 Comments:

At January 7, 2013 at 7:59 AM , Blogger anna in spain said...

Thanks so much for the welcome!
I agree about your own bed; something I learned when I had surgery in 2002 (is it really 10 years ago?) is that there's nothing like being able to sleep in your own bed and pee in your own loo! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home