Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sara, I guess this image wouldn't turn you on, right?  How do we cope with cold weather...much better, for me, than hot.  I love the stinging cold on my cheeks, I love watching the snowflakes filter through the spotlight on the house when the show is falling.  Millions of tiny snowflakes falling from the sky and if you stick out your tongue, you can catch some of them.  I love waking up to tiny branches etched in ice and snow, like somone magically draped the whole of the landscape in sparkly white and silver cloth.  I love having the wood stove on in winter.  Sleeping by a wood stove is like no other...the warmth, the comfort, it seems to lull you into sleep before you know it.  This photo was taken before the pool was closed last fall.  We had an unexpected snowfall.  Normally, the pool is covered with an ugly silver cloth.  I could not cope with the cloistering heat that I've experienced in Florida from May to November.  I don't know how you folks do it but from Nov. to the beginning of May Florida is a wonderful place to be and to visit.
Rosey...maybe others will share why they enjoy winter...but there are only a few of us living with it here on the board...Kathi?  If Jean experiences snow, it's a mistake.  Sent by the East.

2 Comments:

At January 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

This pic is lovely! But how do you get out and drive? Are all the roads covered with salt and sand? How does one go to the office? I know life does not stop, people still have to buy groceries, go to whatever place of employment they have.
Sara in Fla. --yes the bugs and humidity are terrible June-Sept. can I come visit someone then?

 
At January 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Our main roads are kept fairly clear by the highway department. As far as going to work (which is something I no longer do), you just add a bit of time to the commute and go slower. I guess you just get used to it. All three of our vehicles are four wheel drive.

Kathi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home