Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Coping with cold

OK Rosey.  They've changed things around again.  Now when I click on the icon to add a picture to the post, there isn't any option for "browse".  I can't access my photo program to download a photo. How did you do it? 

Now it looks as if every photo I have ever posted here is in an online web file.  I know I haven't authorized anything like that.  Thought one had to subscribe to those. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with posting photos. Here we go again.....

Anyhow, we do have block heaters in the engines of all of our vehicles.  Those plug into the electricity when the weather gets waaay cold.  We also keep my car in the (unheated) garage at night.  That way I don't have any ice scraping to do in the morning.

I do have to say, though, the older I get, the less I like winter around here.  The dogs, on the other hand, love it.  That's what I was trying to post a picture of.

We have been bitterly cold here for the past month.  The daytime temperatures have been in the low 20s, with nighttime temps down into the single digits.  The snow that fell on Christmas day is still on the ground, which is very unusual for us.  Normal is for it to be here for a few days and then go away.

For anyone who is interested, here's a link to the webcam in the town where we have our cabin.  If you look right above the camera shot, you will find a link to two pages of "Guest Photo Gallery".  Some wonderful pictures of the area around Stanley Idaho.  www.sawtoothcamera.com.


Kathi

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Kathi, I had a devil of a time posting a picture too. There isn't a button click on my browser to my pictures. It says it uploads jpeg but it doesn't allow me to get into my picture file. So, I went to HTML, found my picture file, loaded up the picture, it came up with all kinds of printed garbage that made no sense, so then I pushed compose. Lo and behold, it uploaded. I think there is something screwy here with the site. It needs some serious attention by the computer doctor. Doesn't the webmaster ever check out it's functioning?

Kathi I was depending on you to wax poetic about winter. Don't desert me. There must be something good about winter in Idaho.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home