Monday, January 28, 2013

Downton Abbey

Season #3 of Downton Abbey is currently on here in the U.S.  and I've been addicted to it from the beginning.    Is anyone else watching?  I was completely knocked over by what happened last night.  Never saw it coming and I don't think anyone did.    I won't give a spoiler here in case anyone else hasn't watched the episode yet, just fasten your seatbelt.   I love the clothing on this show, not to mention the story and history lesson of sorts about this period of time.

Our weather here is back to yo-yo status.  Up-and-down temps.  Ugh.   Brutal cold last week, 59°F here today, and by Thursday it'll be quite cold again.   Forsythia and quince bushes are blooming!    DH played golf yesterday, is playing right now, and might play tomorrow.   Bless his heart.  He hasn't played since November and is so happy to be out there with his golf buddies.   ;-)

I've been up in the sewing room this past week, tidying up and started a new skirt in order to test the pattern alterations.   The fabric is good enough that if it all fits right,  I can wear it.     My Ruby Slippers patches are lurking in a box, untouched for almost a year, and I'm feeling a bit guilty about it.

We have a squirrel trying to nest in our attic.  Arghhhh.....  I've seen a squirrel on the roof a few times, and it came over on the phone cable at the telephone pole to our house.  My critter guy came on Sunday, took a pic of the holes that are chewed, and set a Hav-a-hart trap.   We haven't caught it yet, so it might take time.  He told me that the squirrels are shopping around right now for a nest in which to have their babies.  Oh great.   It is a wild kingdom here  in the suburbs.

I saw on the news about the awful floods in Queensland.   I hope our  Down Under BBers are safe.

3 Comments:

At January 29, 2013 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Hey Doris! Glad to "see" you! I have lost your email address (problem with computer and Windows Live Mail which I am still trying to resolve). I just started watching Downton; looks like it will be a great history lesson. Great acting. Been raining here (of all places) for a few days, may set a record. But will brighten up in time for the golf tournament this week and go to the mid 70s. Hugs. Lavinia now in Peoria, AZ (between Glendale and Sun City, it all runs together).

 
At January 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Doris, thank you for not spoiling the Dounton Abby. One of my favorite shows! Love the costumes. We were out seeing Parental Guidance, movie with Bette Midler and Billy Christal. Good movie! Esp. for us grandparents. I'll see if I can can get DA on the "on demand".
Sara in too hot Fla. where the azaleas are blooming.

 
At January 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Bee said...

Doris, I love Downton Abbey unfortunately it clashes with my quilt night and I only see the last half, can't get it on demand so have asked my lot to get it for my birthday.Just the thing to watch in winter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home