Monday, December 24, 2012


Thanks for posting your quilt, Kathi....it's gorgeous with the summer colours and the winter concept sounds interesting.The quilt here just above is the second version of the Arctic Reflections which was commissioned originally by Canadian Living magazine in 1987 which is above this one. I was never happy with the border, feeling it was too heavy in design.  About eight years, DH ran into some medical problems that for about three or four year was very stressful and I found my creative energy completely blocked. Dixie Lee, in the first photo, contacted me about this design which her aunt had started before she died and left in pieces.  Dixie finished it off for her cousin, contacted me and through her interest in this old design, I regained some creative inspiration and redesigned the border and made the quilt myself again.  I love seeing other people's choices of colour; it can change the look of a quilt so much.  Thanks for your patience, looking at quilts. 
Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home