Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday evening checking in

Wow, snow in N.Z. and palm trees in Calif. and pictures of Italy all in one place.   I have been off of the board lately because I get tired of just giving bad news.  My brother in West Palm Beach VA hospital is worse, he will be transferred to a hospice wing tomorrow.  They are stopping the chemo, etc.  He has a fungus in his lungs, and fluid on his brain.  They have no further treatment available to him.  At age 66 he was only given a 30% change of recovery from this type of leukemia.   The task now is to find a way to take Mom down for a funeral when it happens.  The local hospice people are supposed to be working to find a place for Mom to stay for a few days when we travel down.  It might be 2 weeks away, or maybe 3 or 4.
We have been having rain almost every day for 2 weeks now.  Lots of flooding in the N. Fla. area, trees down, roads flooded, etc.  We just have to deal with long grass and standing water here.  The beach area is clear, but not much fun being at the beach in the rain.  The ocean is interesting during the stormy weather, but only a few foolish surfers go out.  Rip currents.
I'm taking out a UFO to work on for the next few weeks, going to do some simple projects to keep sane.
Our quilt guild is busy working on the Sept. quilt show.  It is a beach theme, so we are making beach theme quilts for displays, flip-flops, sand castles, etc.
Sara in Fla.

6 Comments:

At June 11, 2012 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I am so sorry about your brother's prognosis. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

 
At June 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Sara, I'm so sorry. This must be an incredibly difficult time for you. Please know you are in the thoughts of many.

Sending hugz,
Mary in Oregon

 
At June 12, 2012 at 6:18 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Dear Sara,
I'm sorry also that you are facing some very difficult days ahead with your brother's illness and your mother's aging issues. You're right though, this is what is so special about the Chat board and why I hope more people will join in and post. We all live in such diverse places and live diverse lives some of us that it brighten's my day to come on and see pictures of a lovely sandy beach, birds and oceon, then to take a trip to Italy, to New Zealand, to Australia and other places I'll never visit. I wonder if people who read the Chat Board feel that their lives may not be as interesting as others and they do not post but it's a shame because we all live lives that to us may not be as interesting as the next fellows and yet, my life, my day, where I live, is different from others just as all our lives. It's a glimpse into a life we may not lead or live but it's nice to hear from others about their lives and where they live.
I've said this all before, I know.
Rosey in Canada

 
At June 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Sara, a difficult time for you. Be strong and post here as often as you need to "unload." It's sometimes easier to share how you are really feeling with strangers,rather than with those close to you.

Marion.

 
At June 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Oh Sara, so sorry about all your troubles. I'll keep your brother in
my prayers.
Hope the travel plans will work out for you and your Mom.
Sometimes we just have to Quilt, I know that feeling, it's the rhythm or
something, it just makes things better. Keep us posted.

 
At June 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Sara, I too would like to say that you, your brother and your mother are in my thoughts. Sending <>
Fran in S Aus

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home