Saturday, June 2, 2012

Iris Garden visit

Today we went to the Iris Garden and flower show at Keizer.  The garden under blue skies looked like a rainbow exploded.  This Iris  may be the beginning of a new quilt....wish I could remember the name.

I have no clue how this is going to post on the board, in fact I think it will be magic if it comes out right side up.

Rosey, the Cottonwood is the state tree of Kansas, the fuzzy stuff that blows around our neighborhood is the seed from the female tree...so we just have too many ladies in the neighborhood.  They can grow to be very large.





              

2 Comments:

At June 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Betty, for some reason I think of the authors Willa Cather or Edna Ferber when I hear about cottonwood trees. I don't know why. Maybe cottonwood trees were part of the genre and place where these stories were written representing pioneer times.

The colour in the iris is spectacular.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home