Monday, June 11, 2012

Posting here has gotten to be a real challenge

I went to the usual "dashboard" place to post here,  and the screen tells me --
"Your browser is no longer supported by Blogger. Some parts of Blogger will not work and you may experience problems.
If you are having problems, try Google Chrome. | Dismiss"

 (???)  so I had to download and use Google Chrome.
Which is not user friendly for a tech-challenged person like me.

   IS EVERYONE ELSE HAVING TO DO THIS?  If I disappear from the face of the BB Chat,  this is why.   Technology can be a real pill.

We have had a few weeks of delightful weather and low humidity, but now the humidity has returned (71%).  It was bound to happen, sooner or later.   Our poor Sophie is itching and scratching to bits with her usual seasonal allergies.   I had her to the veterinarian this morning for a steroid shot, and we'll try a different antihistamine that is Rx.   I'm also going to try a home made flea repellent that uses lemons and rosemary.  The K9 Advantix II  kills the fleas after they bite her, as it is supposed to,  but the poor thing is allergic to the flea bites!   We go thru this every summer . . .

DH had Rome on his bucket list,  so we went on a package tour last month.    We both agreed that Florence is our favorite city.   Rome is too big and Venice is too crowded.   Here is a sunset view from our hotel  in Sorrento.

 Here is the view from our hotel room in Sorrento.







5 Comments:

At June 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Oh Doris this brings back memories of our time in Italy last year! Loved Sorrento and the Isle of Capri. Did you go anywhere near Naples? We found that shockingly dirty but maybe only because no-one was taking away the rubbish.

 
At June 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Oh, beautiful pictures. Italy isn't on my bucket list, but can see why it is on other people's.
Sara in Fla.

 
At June 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Fran, We flew into Naples, but were taken directly to our hotel in Sorrento, so we didn't see any of Naples. Naples has had an on-going garbage strike, for (maybe) years?

 
At June 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Oh I'm jealous! I was in Italy in 2010. We only had one day in Sorrento. I would have loved staying a night or two. Loved Florence the area. I agree with Fran, Naples wasn't as pleasant. At least we can say we went, eh? I enjoyed Rome even though it's a big city. Lots to see.

Thank you so much for sharing! As Fran said - it brought back some wonderful memories.

Hugz, Mary in Oregon

 
At June 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Thank you Doris. I love the photos. They bring back memories for me too. I went to Italy for part of my 21st bday celebrations... That's a VERY long time ago, but I did love it !!

Marion

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home