Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Nice to be back...

I haven't been able to get onto the BB page for about a week. Very frustrating . So nice to read the new postings . Jane, in answer to your question, I have been busy spinning. I have been having difficulty, holding a needle and stitching for any length of time, so decided to spin some wool instead.. DGD expressed an interest in home spun jerseys, so I said I would make one for her. Managed to get a very nice brown/grey fleece and it is spinning up well. We've had some lovely weather recently and I have been doing it outside in the afternoon sun. The fleece wool loosens up in the sunshine and makes the whole process easier.

NZ is preparing itself for a big sporting event. The Rugby World Cup kicks off here on Friday. The Cup is played for every 4yrs. The first time was 24yrs ago and we won it. No surprises there, as we are generally considered to be up there with the best in the world. The big surprise (at least to all NZers) is that we haven't won it since ! Ask a local and they will say that's because of blind referees, bad calls, non- accidental food poisoning , cheating by the other team etc etc etc ! Fact is, we have often fallen at the last hurdle. It's very important that we win this time because it is being played here on NZ soil.... The pressure is enormous . Wish us luck ! The teams from competing countries have been arriving this week. The country is drowning in testosterone....

Rosey, that sure is a huge pile of wood for himself to deal with. I hope the chain saw is fixed. Nothing worse for a man who wants to get on with a job like that, than to have the machinery fail on him. The drama in our house this week is that the newly purchased wall oven doesn't fit the hole left by the previous oven. Personally, I would have thought that was the first requirement of a replacement, but the DH thought otherwise. He is no handy man......Need I say more ? I have been out all day. When I returned the house smelt of paint, the garage floor was covered with sawdust and the man himself was looking pleased with himself... The (qualified) men will be here tomorrow to install and connect it. I shall be out for most of the day so I hope that when I return it will be in working order and in the alloted space ! Fingers crossed. By the way, the old oven has been failing for quite a few years now but, because I am a post-war child , I have "made do" rather than replace. This has irritated the DH. Last week he had a rush of blood to the head, went to town and bought this new one ! To say that I was surprised is putting it mildly..?!?

Time for bed. Hope I'll be able to get back on again tomorrow.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home