Monday, July 18, 2011

STILL AMONG THE LIVING

Haven't posted much lately but I've been watching. Rushing off to Asheville for appt. with foot surgeon this morning. The decision to have more surgery with less than guaranteed results or just continue on with some pain and limitations of mobility will be made. Oh well, at 74 it could be a lot worse.

My quilt pal, Ardelle and I decided at almost the last minute, to take off for the AQS show in Knoxville last week. Had a wonderful and somewhat expensive time. I saw some stuff that boggled the mind and, believe it or not, some absolutely awesome hand quilting. I've been afraid that was becoming a lost art. As soon as I get the pictures from camera to computer I'll post pictures.

I've signed up for the first class in a long time to make a one block wonder. While checking out the vendors at the show I purchased 6 yds. of an ethnic African print which seems to fit all the specs for this project. Can't wait. Haven't done anything new in ages. DD's wedding quilt continues to haunt me. I just need to join the blocks and I'm determined to finish that before I get caught up in the one block project. Of course I bought a bunch of stuff in addition to the African print; mostly notions.

Poor but happy,

Jane in hot, hot, humid Appalachia

1 Comments:

At July 18, 2011 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Hope the foot surgery goes well. be sure to follow directions! You don't need any infections, or other problems.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home