Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jack the Ripper is Annie's new name




The chair needed reupholstering anyway. She's swift with her jaws. Part of being a puppy. It's my kitchen I'm objecting to. She's gnawing away at the bottoms of the cupboards and I have duck tape on all protruding and interesting corners. She learned the term: GO TO BED after that.




Fran, I love the photos and your description. Scotland can do even the hardiest of 'men' in with its damp and cold weather. I've been there three times, to the Isle of Arran (once on a teaching assignment) and truly, I had to get dressed UNDER the blankets on the island. It was that cold. The coal fire was kept on in the sitting room only when we were in there.




Kathi has kindly shared photos of the Sister's exhibit in Oregon and I wanted to comment on this one...maybe someone will recognize it and its maker...would love to know who made it. Having graduated in design from the Ont. College of Art & Design, I'm constantly aware of design balance in quilts (mine are not always up to snuff either)...but this one is very interesting and a perfect example of good design balance. It is truly a Broken Star in that the maker has used white points or pastel points on the innner star breaking it visually. The weight of the outer stars carries the balance well on the whole design. It is cleverly done.



Rosey

2 Comments:

At July 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Blogger blocke Oregon said...

Rosie, check out the video at sistersoutdoorquiltshow.org. Eric does an interview discussing the quilt, its design and choice of colors.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Betty, I watched the video, it was so interesting! I'm never really aware of all the events going on at Sisters since I only go to the show. It's such an amazing event and they all work so hard to make it a success.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home