Sunday, June 26, 2011



I am tottering on the verge of not keeping my eyes open, curled up in my white wicker loveseat on the side porch, contemplating the energy it would require to walk around the corner of the garage and rescue my second line of bedsheets on the line...the fitted bottoms have been washed and back on their rightful beds....instead I tuned into the board which I've so enjoyed with all the news from other people's lives.


Heather, it will be interesting to see how this legal case will go. Some pretty heavy players in it, I should think...with where and how it happened. I know you know how much more serious it could have been and that she should be compensated for this.


Marion will be gone and up in the air flying to Auckland where Bee also lives and ducking volcanic ash.


Doris, thanks for the tip, Miss AnnieBelle is being trained (and that is a euphemism for...'I'll come when you say 'come' when it's convenient for me) with chicken weiners. Not sure that something nice and salty like the jerky treats wouldn't be more to her taste but the fact is, she needs obed. school and I'm contemplating where and certainly when needs to happen soon.


Jane emailed that she's fine but busy so I'm hoping she'll post soon, Sara.


Grace what a lovely pillow for a wedding gift. And, I'm glad to see you back; post more often, please.


And the above quilt has disappeared from my collection. I speak on occasion to quilt guilds and until my last speaking engagement this past spring, have not had someone with me to collect, watch and catalogue that what I bring, I leave with. This now does not reside with me and I'm wondering just where and in whose possession this quilt is now. I shall make another, perhaps next winter's project but it's disappointing when things like this happen. It's my own design, done years ago, in the late 1970's but the quilt travelled from speaking engagement to speaking engagment...and I knew that one was missing...only recently, in having an old student contact me and come to the house looking for the quilt, which she was making and is now finishing...all these years later, I realized that this was the quilt I was missing. I'm now taking a printed inventory list with me when I go out to speak to guilds.

Rosey

3 Comments:

At June 27, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Rosey, what an amazing quilt! I'm so sorry it didn't make it back home with you after the talk. That would be terribly frustrating and disappointing. I wonder if it will ever show up somewhere? Hope so for your sake.
Mary in Oregon

 
At June 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Thanks, Mary, but the quilt is in someone else's hands now. I've heard of quilts being stolen at exhibits but never at a guild meeting.
Rosey

 
At June 28, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Rosey-do you know the people in the guild well? You could have the pres. or someone ask around. This is a terrible black eye for a guild.
Sara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home