Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NEW BABY

SANDI, what excitement. I envy you and DH. Grandchildren are so wonderful and that first one is a miracle. You get all the good stuff without having to pay the bills, sitting up all night with colic (make sure you have a good book waiting for those wonderful nights), only changing occasional diapers and throwing kisses as you or they head for home.

Is the quilt ready or is it like my DD's wedding quilt? I haven't touched it in the better part of a year and I'm determined to get it to her and DSIL by their second anniversary next August. My other DD produced two boys simultaneously and their quilts (my first quilts) finally made it by the time they were 7 mos. old. For a while there I was telling people that I hoped to get them done before they get their Ph.Ds.

They are both in college so I am helping out with that cost. They get an allowance each month which I assume supports their social lives. That way I can cut one off if he does something really stupid like take up drugs and alcohol or getting someone pregnant. So far, so good. One of them made Dean's list his first semester and the other is running cross country and taking a very demanding curriculum. They both love what they are doing. One of them says he'll come here for a week of this two week spring break and "help me". I can't wait and am making a Honey Do List of all the heavy lifting things that need doing. His brother is thinking about it. I think younger sister (16 yrs old in a month) has spring break in April.

Enjoy the ride. She'll be going off to college before you know it.

Jane in NC

1 Comments:

At February 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Jane it is good to hear from you. I wan wondering if you had slid off a road somewhere.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home