Monday, February 14, 2011

finally, some nice weather


This past Friday morning, we woke up to 8° F, and Sunday the high was 64° F. Of course, nobody was complaining about the weather this weekend. It is so re-energizing to see the sun shining, blue skies, and also be able to go outdoors without earmuffs, gloves, flannel-lined pants, and heavy parka. Sophie and I walked for almost 3 miles yesterday in the beautiful sunshine.

The next ten days are supposed to be more of the same and I am looking forward to it! I hope everyone else is having warmer, beautiful weather, too.

I started a new quilt this past week. I have a few kit quilts that must be made and completed before I am allowed to purchase new quilt fabric. I bought the pattern and fabric kit for this Ruby Slippers quilt (above) quite a few years ago, at the AQS show, and am finally getting around to making it. Because I have to make almost 300 half-square triangles that finish out at 1 1/4", I am investing in Thangles. I've read good comments about them, so I hope they will help my HSTs be accurate and my quilt to be reasonably square. (ack)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home