Saturday, January 29, 2011

This & that---we are warm and sunny!

OK, I know I'm rubbing it in--We are back home. The drive back from Ft. Myers area was L-O-N-G. I got up at 5:30 to walk the dogs, then go to Sanibel and look for shells since I had not taken the time to do so earlier. Managed to find a shelling beach at about 6:45, in the dark. Paid the $3.00 fee after figuring out the 'Pay Here" thing.
Did not find any sand dollars but did get one cute sea urchin. It is about the size of a quarter. Found a few pretty things, nothing special, but brought them home anyway.
We stopped at Tarpon Springs, since I had read about their Greek sponge area years ago. It was a great find. Saw lots of sponges for sale, went to a short video of the sponging process--nothing under 5 inches, cleaning process, etc. Bought one I'm going to use for bathing.
It was after 8:30 PM when we arrived home. Bone tired.
The doggies sat on my lap the entire time, but they were well behaved.
Yesterday was dedicated to laundry and napping.
This morning I insisted we both spend 1 hr. cleaning up the garage, getting the last 3 bins of Christmas stuff actually in the attic. Swept the floor, shop vac'd the floor. Rearranged some stuff, and got the tupperware of birdseed off the floor.
It is now 12:20 and we are going to find a dog park. About 70 and sunny now.
DH is finally ready to go out (Praise!) he is usually as slow as a snail.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home