Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Earthquakes or After-shocks....?

They all feel the same to me. We were woken this morning at 6a.m. by a 5.1 magnitude shake. It didn't last long and doesn't appear to have caused any damage. There have been several lesser shakes during the day. We are tired of them but have been told that this could go one for at least a year...? DH doesn't like them at all and DD#2 , who was down from Auckland for the holidays, was pleased to return home and get away from them.

Thankfully, the days have been slightly cooler and we had some much needed rain on Tuesday. That has freshened everything up. A friend came out to get some help with some quilting. It quite inspired me. Maybe we will form a group of two and meet regularly through the winter. I find I achieve far more if I quilt with a buddy.

So pleased to know that there are no rivers about to burst their banks near to you Fran. How's retirement going ? I expect you are wondering how you ever had time to go to work !

Marion (who must continue with the reclaiming of her home following the great "visitation" last week...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home