Friday, January 21, 2011

Hmmm, tornadoes or earthquakes? Hard to say what's worse, but I'm thinking earthquakes are. not just the top of the ground getting ruined but everything underneath. The only time I've felt an earthquake was in Nicaragua and it was just tiny aftershocks. I feel for those that have had to deal with the rebuilding, not just the buildings but lives as well.
All of the 50 states except West Virginia have had an earthquake, they need to keep their fingers crossed!

We just have bitter cold for a couple of days, just normal January weather for Minn. My hubby, son and I are going up north later today to help patrol at a big ice fishing contest tomorrow. I will be wearing LOTS of layers. If I fall down I may not be able to get up! We have bought some of those little hand warmer packets which will help. One thing about being in cold weather for extended periods, you can eat a lot and not gain weight. Your body burns more calories keeping warm.

Time to pack. Stay warm! Or cool, depending on where you are!
Sandi in mn

2 Comments:

At January 21, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Sandi - Get the toe warmers, too! They are wonderful. You put them in the toes of your shoes. They have sticky stuff on them that makes them stay put on the bottom of your socks. Nothing worse than your feet getting cold!

Kathi

 
At January 24, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Sandi Irish said...

I did Kathi, had full sole size ones, they saved me, lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home