Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter storms

Seems many of us in the northern hemisphere are digging ourselves out from the winter storms and we will have a "white Christmas". We've had a lot of snow since it began Sunday morning and it's continued until this afternoon (Tuesday). Himself has blown out the laneway a number of times and because of the blowing snow, there will be more to do tomorrow morning before the quilters arrive. It's nice not to have to travel far in these conditions and today, I stayed off the roads on the advice of a friend who dropped in on her way home and reported slippery conditions. So, I got my snow shoes out and got my exercise that way.

Jane, I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well after your operation. Hard to believe that your brother lives so far away and you, there. Could you ever get him to move up with you to the mountains?

My problem of the day: I bought Emily BTs the mannequin in the summertime. She's very glamorous but the problem is she's about a size nothing compared to the size I sew for...size 12/14 Canadian...might be a little smaller in US sizes. I put my latest outfit on her tonight and it's swimming on her. All I can do is laugh. All that work and how can I display it on something that looks like she has stepped out of an anorexic catalogue. I'm an elephant compared to Emily. The skirt is hanging down around her hips like some kid with his pants riding low and the jacket by the time I get the sleeves in it will look ridiculous. I'm considering going back to hangers.

Rosey

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2010 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

Pin it in the back like they do in the stores.

 
At December 15, 2010 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Yes, pinning would be good. When I was in colege we had the dressmaker dummies, we padded with batting to make it the size of the model (self). So-if you used spray adhisive you could put batting on the bust, hips, etc.
Then maybe pin in the back.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home