Monday, December 13, 2010

snow and question about damaged quilt

There is a reason I live in Alabama rather than places further north. That reason has everything to do with cold weather... Of which we have had far too much in the last two winters! We had some lovely snow flurries last night, and woke this morning to a dusting, but incredibly cold weather for this part of the world. No roads were closed in the Huntsville area, as far as I know. However, the school system in TN where I teach is closed. I don't know if it was the incredible wind chill, additional snow farther north, or if someone pointed out to our superintendent how much it would cost to warm up the diesel busses to a liveable temperature, but we got the call last night.
The news that we would be closed was a gift from God, as I needed to be at church to sing with the choir in the program last night, and I had *not* finished grading the tests I gave Friday. At 5:00 when I needed to change clothes and get ready to go, the phone rang with the automated announcement. I went to church, enjoyed the program, stayed for the reception afterward, came home, went to bed, and finished the papers and inputting grades about an hour ago. I also finished writing my exams.
I normally wouldn't be so far behind, but my computer crashed on Thursday, and I have had to load all my programs onto the new computer. I still don't know if we will be able to rescue all my data, which I had not backed up since early summer...
Fortunately, the link to this page is saved on my homepage earthlink's "my start page" feature.
I am still pondering what to do about the slightly damaged hole(s) where inexperienced quilters pulled the knots through the top on my friend's quilt. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I'm hoping to get the binding on it if I can ever get done with everything else that "has" to be done right now.
Laura

1 Comments:

At December 15, 2010 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Laura-how big are the holes? If the quilt is for someone who isn't a quilter they would not notice a pin-prick size hole or 2 or 3.
Have you rubbed the spots with your fingernail or the back edge of a spoon?
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home