Thursday, December 9, 2010

just an afternoon chat/Plantar stuff

Rosey-What is a "skif" of snow? Is it just a little bit?
Yes, it has been unseasonably cold here in No. Fla. for the past 4 days and nights. This afternoon, however I went out the 4 leged children for a 30 min. walk and the sun was warm. It is about 50 now, no wind. Sunny too.
It is the wind that does a number on me, Monday morning's walk with the children was a bitter wind, and we jogged back home. It is supposed to be warmer tonight and tomorrow and then cold again Sat. & Sun, with possible rain on Sun. afternoon just in time for the football game downtown.
After not sleeping well or long both Mon. and Tues. nights I was a zombie yesterday, and crabby too. I was supposed to go to a GF's house for a small Christmas get together at 7PM. Because I was vain and wanted my nails pretty I was running late. Wound up close to where I was supposed to be (I thought) and called the GF. DUH! I was attempting to find the wrong GF's house. It was at another GF's place, about 30 min. south on the interstate.
So- drove home, had some supper with DH and ate lots of the desert I was taking to the party.
After that, took a long bubble bath, took a Bededryl and went to bed, slept almost 8 hrs, and am a new, and much nicer woman today.
I've been decorating the dining room and kitchen today. It seems to take longer than it has done in the years past. Maybe because I'm older.
Rosey--I had a go round with the Plantar Fasciitis about 7 years ago. Went to foot doctor, after a bit of adjusting, and being instructed NOT to go barefoot, rarely have problems now. I did have a pair of those shoes you mentioned, but they are long worn out.
I find if I wear good quality Asic gell, or other running shoes with good socks, then switch to Birkenstocks later in the day, all is usually OK. It is hard not to go barefoot in Fla. in the warm time, but sure not hard right now.
There is a new exercise-you probably know it-- place whatever foot is the offender on the top of the other leg above the knee, stretching the big toe backwards for a bit, it stretches the plantar area. Almost like crossing the legs with the sole of the foot up. It's hard to describe without pictures.
Hopefully DH will be home before 7PM for dinner tonight, and we can trim the tree together.
--he sits on the couch and supervises, drinking egg nog, while I do the trimming--afterwards we sit and look at it and say "This is the best tree we've ever had" Even though it's the artificial one down from the attic. (cold weather means good business for A/C/ heating company)
Making money, but not having time together.
Maybe we can do our tradition of watching the Griswald's Christmas Vacation on DVD.
God bless you merry gentlewomen, let nothing you dismay.
Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At December 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sarah - We woke up to 17° this morning, but it has been a balmy (LOL) high of 43 this afternoon. Possible snow on Sunday. Ack. You are so right about the wind being brutal. Sophie had cabin fever, as did I, so twice this week we went for a short 1+ mile walk. The wind cut right through my gloves and my hands throbbed from the pain of being frozen, not to mention my face. Calm air is much nicer.

 
At December 10, 2010 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Burrrrr. There was a high here about 55, gray sky, spitting rain most of the day. Yuck.
I talked to by brother in WPB, he had 72 with blue sky.
I did go on my 2 mile walk with the neighbor this AM, it wasn't bad at 8:15AM.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home