Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday morning

and it is a cold one this morning.....says it is only -10C but windchill factor makes it feel like -22.....and the forecast for the rest of the week is no better....didn't pop my head outside all day Thursday....got brave on Friday and did some errands in afternoon and found it very pleasant//no wind at all.....for about an hour or so.....thank goodness the new vehicle has a wonderful heater and also the seats heat up.....that wasn't an option on the one we had ordered but was on the one we took off the lot....it does make it a bit more comfortable.....

Yesterday was another day spent without having to go out !! DH was busy with a son most of the day and I was able to get some serious sewing done....I am very happy with all five of the grandkids quilts being finished except for the handsewing of the binding....I have had my doubts that I could get 4 twin size and a generous crib quilt done all for the same time....it has been a battle to keep at it.....so many other projects kept tempting me.....but now there is that full satisfaction of accomplishment....now I think I have it in me to do the matching pillowcases....that shouldn't be too bad....serger makes it fast work.....now if I can only remember the do's and don'ts of the serger......

Yesterday as well the youngest grandson Preston brought his parents for a visit.....it is unbelievable to think he is almost 7 months old....such a character....knows how to work a room for sure....

Then just as DH and I were debating about what to have for supper....our other two grandsons convinced their parents to come to grandma's for supper.....thankfully they brought pizza....we had to hear all about the Christmas party and visit with Santa ..... such fun to hear the almost 3year old talk and feel Christmas so excitedly......I had to keep wiping away the tears as I remembered this one's own father and his brothers when they were young and the innocence of childhood was in full bloom and so magical....the almost two year old wasn't really sure what all fuss was really about but gladly jumped up and down cheering on his brother and agreeing about it all.....

Rosey....the pix of the grey skies and snow outline could have come from here.....we too often have those grey days and for too many months......then on the days it is bright and sunny (like this past Friday) one can get fooled and not realize depsite the sunshine it is bitterly cold........I am definetly tempted the next time the sun is shining to go and find a place to curl up and just enjoy that warmth as all the dogs seem to do......

Just listening to the forecast and apparently there is still the lake effect snow storms happening in the great lakes basin/southwestern Ontario area....and not letting up for another couple of days......we have no snow predicted just cold air masses !

Well the dogs are restless and looking for breakfast....which when I come to think of it itsn't that bad of an idea......

Hope you are all staying warm and my wish for the holidays for everyone is to enjoy the simple wonder of the season ...... thru a child's eye......

Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home