Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hallelujah Chorus, a question, and just checking in...

Another great view, similar to the one Doris posted is this one: http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU. It's the Philadelphia Opera Company and multiple smaller groups in a mall committing "random acts of culture."
The church group that was quilting my friend's quilt finally finished after almost 2 years. It is a king-sized spread, for two very large people. I need to get the binding on it. I noticed a few places where the batting is showing because one of the quilters pulled a knot all the way through the front, and damaged the fabric a bit. Does anyone have any advice on what to do about it? Does Fraycheck stain after a period of time?
I've been having a rough semester. I'm hoping it's just that the mix of personalities in my lower level classes is bad, and that next semester, with new students, I'll have a better attitude. This semester is taking their End of Course for the state on Tuesday, and then we only have a week of class before exams. I'm praying that the real test is a little easier than the practice test they have posted.
On a postitive note, my Academic Team just took 1st place in a tournament this weekend. Very much happy dance time for all of us! We beat one of the private schools in Nashville that has been the bane of our (competitive) existence. Personally, the coach there has been very encouraging and helpful to our students and to us as coaches, but nobody ever likes losing all the time!
It went from shirt-sleeve weather on Thanksgiving Day to miserable today. I've actually seen sleet. Last year was record breakingly cold, this summer was record breakingly hot, and now we're breaking record lows for this time of year again. I don't like this kind of climate change...a bit of middle ground for awhile would be excellent.
Y'all take care, and I'll try to post a picture of the quilt when I get the binding on it.
Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home