Sunday, December 26, 2010

WHITE CHRISTMAS IN NC

Yesterday there were 6.5" of the white stuff in my yard in the morning and it continued to snow through most of the day even as the temperature hovered just above freezing. Today it measured close to 8" and the temperature never got up to freezing. That makes for a bad sequence as there is ice under the snow so that even 4wheel drive won't get up my driveway. It could easily take a week before I will be able to get out to the road. Then I hope that the mound of snow left at the foot of my driveway by the snow plow as it cleared the road will have melted. I wasn't able to get to my neighbors down the hill for dinner but managed to eat far too richly here with the dogs who are loving the snow.

More later. Cut the end of a finger while preparing tonight's supper and I have a wad of gauze taped over it. Been taking aspirin for lingering foot pain so I'm bleeding more than the minor cut would normally produce.

Jane snow bound in NC

2 Comments:

At December 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Jane, you poor thing! If you hadn't cut your finger you could do some quilting. Maybe pass the time looking at quilt mags.
Sara

 
At December 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

SARA-Thanks for the sympathy. It was really a minor cut. The problem is all the aspirin I was taking. I've gone back to the strong stuff with the surgeon's blessing. Meantime I have actually gotten ready for two projects. See my post of today.

Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home